Standard Disclaimer

This blog does not solicit financial advice or any financial product or service. Neither the author of this content nor the maintainer of this website may be held responsible for the reader's use of the opinions presented.

23 September 2009

Picasa 3.5

I spent most of tonight playing around with Picasa 3.5, which may not be particularly new but is "new to me" tonight. I mentioned in a previous post that I was considering opening up a Flickr account, hoping that I'd be able to put up higher quality pictures than, say, on Blogger, or more specifically Facebook. So now I'm playing with the BlogThis! function in Picasa.

BlogThis! is not a new feature, I remember it being included even in very early versions of Google's photo library software. I've just never used it.

The picture in the start of this article was on my hard drive. It's a photo I took of the Toronto skyline from the Leslie Spit. Tay & I rode out one afternoon early in the summer, not long after I brought my bike here from my parents' basement in London. Picasa tells me the details of the camera that was used to take the picture, either my Pentax Optio 330GS or my mom's Fuji Finepix that I happened to have at the time. The problem is I can't tell right now since Picasa's blog editing window is open on top of everything. Of course I can easily go back and edit the post afterwards, but that wouldn't really be a fair review. I will add some comments after posting and finding out how it looks.

For me, this editor is pretty bare. It does have all of the features of the web-based Blogger editing tools, but it's a lot less pretty. Basically just a box with rich text tools. I'd like to be able to add a caption to the thumbnail, or do anything other than just drag it around, really. Or add another photo. Well, let's see how it looks.

**

Well, I wasn't too keen on having yet another login to another site, especially when I found out that Flickr is run by Yahoo, the same people that are shutting down my website next month.  I don't like all these different logins, and having another e-mail account I'll never check.  But then again I was going to have to use a different account for Picasa Web Albums anyway (long story, work related).  What sold me on Flickr is its camera directory, which showcases photos done by other photographers with a particular camera.  So I can click on the Pentax Optio 330GS, and instantly see what's possible with my little wonder.

Now I just need sunsets, mountains, and funky-looking trees!

See my first Flickr uploads at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivanvector.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment